8.22.2011

Baby Room Reveal

I wish I had a better camera to capture the true essence of start to finish. Guess you will all just have to come visit to see it (...and her I suppose) in real life) :) Trying to get baby's room together all while you're SUPER pregnant is quite the task. Thanks to IKEA, Hobby Lobby, my man-slave: Porter and Craigslist we stayed fairly close to budget. (Porter would answer differently)












I really could not have gotten much of anything done without the help of my man-servant and one true love Porter. He has been amazingly patient with me over the past 39 weeks and especially here at crunch-time. He has gloriously had the past 3 weeks off from school where he would come home from work to a new "honey-do" list each night...the list was always endless but he did it all with a smile and for that I am beyond words grateful. Here are just a few of him in action.

Helping me model baby gifts and running ENDless trips to babies R us and Target.

My dumpster-dive rocking chair that I forced him to sand, re-sand, stain, and paint....all while knowing that I may end up being practical and switch it out for a super nice glider we got from Porter's co-worker :) I just couldn't resist though, it's my favorite part of the room. :)



Oh, all the leveling, hanging, assembling, painting, the millions of: "How does this look hun?".....







I love you!!! Now let's get this little lady here so she can boss you around too :) J/k, but seriously.

7 comments:

Cade + Tosha said...

how adorable! All of it! your man-slave, her room, YOU! LOVE IT ALL! I love all your craftiness! You'll have to for sure help me out when my time comes :) Get here little aimsley! So I can come meet you and see your cute lil nursery!

the Youngs said...

Fantastic!! Her room is adorable. I felt happy just being in there. We can't wait for this beautiful baby to get here! (She's a product of you and Porter. We all know she's going to be beautiful). :)

Tay and Teigan said...

Love it! You and your man slave did a great job! Isn't it fun decorating for your little bundle of joy?! I can't wait to meet little Aimsley Mae. Or at least see pictures for the time being :).

Anonymous said...

The room looks amazing and I LOVE the name you guys chose for her. Porter is such a good sport haha. She is going to be so freakin cute!

eliza and christopher said...

I love it. The room looks so cute! Porter is such a good man slave!

Jacob said...

yay!! good job meessshy! you did so well! i love it. p diddy, way to hang in there, and do it with no complanits:) at least to the bloggy world you had no comlaints!! hahaha. i love you guys so much and can not wait to come see it for myself!!! yay!!

Jacob said...

hop on over to my bloggy and you will see your bad self featured baby!

Colorado LOVE

Colorado LOVE
2004...hah.