10.14.2009

Yosemite 2009


A few weeks ago we took a few days off and went camping in beautiful YOSEMITE national park. The original plan was to meet a bunch of our Utah friends there; camp, hike, play, what not. But...as plans tend to happen no one actually made it out except for Porter, Indo, and myself of course. Luckily Porter and I like each other enough that we really had a blast. The weather was surprisingly warm, crowds were light, rivers not too freezing to swim in and soooo beautiful.

Yes, above really is an actual brown BEAR. There we were just busy riding our bikes enjoying the gorgeous scenery...when Porter abruptly stops and whispers "Was that a bear?!" (As if the bear might hear him and attack) But I definitely didn't believe him, I was actually laughing when I got off my bike to look at...what actually was a momma grizzly bear just munching apples up in a not-so-stable apple tree. And yes, bears do run rampant in Yosemite so I guess it wasn't so wild we saw one, but so up close and personal was pretty cool. And it was cool until oblivious Indo, after about 10 minutes of watching finally realizes what we're looking at and starts barking at her. For the first time the bear stops eating and stares Indo down...we then hopped on our bikes and booked it as fast as we could outta there.




Half Dome. 18 miles, 10 hours, and 2 giant blisters later...WE DID IT!

Couldn't walk the next two days, totally worth it.

Thanks Yosemite, see you next year.



So Porter got a Video camera for his birthday...okay so I gave it to him but it's really for me. I know all you wives know what I'm talking about. So above here is the first attempt of putting US into a music video. We're pretty much in fast forward the whole time in order to fit the entire trip in, kinda makes ya sick I think :) I've got a lot of learning to do but it's much more entertaining than pictures.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We need to all go camping together sometime! I like the video too, that was fun. It is crazy how much Porter looks like dad! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You guys were made for each other. Was that last part supposed to imply that you two were skinny dipping? Saucy...

Tay and Teigan said...

Well look at you miss video maker! That was awesome, I loved it! Your trip looked amazing and I am fascinated/terrified that you stared down a mamma bear. You two really were made for each other. So cute. Keep the updates coming, I love them!

Tosha said...

Loved the video Michelle. Looks like you guys had a blast. I love Yosemite, so pretty. We miss you guys!

Rach said...

That video ROCKS!! I still want to see it for real, is it on mom's computer??

Yay for blogging! good to see you on the wagon again. Because I don't get to see you enough here :)

love ya

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

Looks like a FABULOUS trip you two love birds took. How is Cali treating you? Do you remember how I fell in San Fran off the curb near the wharf (not my best moment)? Well, in the end I actually did have a fractured elbow. No wonder why it hurt so bad right-ouch?! I was in a stupid sling for 2.5 months. They can't cast adults thankfully though because adults won't heal properly, so only a sling. I'm such a clutz. Lastly, thanks for the congrats on our babes :)

The Damron Doc said...

Ha the sweet life with no kids! Enjoy it! I love mine to death, but it looks like so much fun! Love the video, Carter likes to watch it and kate likes to dance to the song! Miss you guys, can't wait to see ya! Love ya

Tia and Cam said...

i WISH so bad we could've made it. hopefully next year. maybe anniversary? it might be too cold? anyways this video was awesome, you've got skillz. (noticed how i spelled that) it looks so fun and you guys look so in love.

Jacob said...

yosemite is cool. so are you. yeah bro. wish we couldve made it.

Colorado LOVE

Colorado LOVE
2004...hah.