4.09.2011

12 Weeks Pregnant: What your Mama Doesn't Tell You

**Forward: Before you read my personal pregnant journal know that I am sarcastically serious through out it all. Some excerpts might be a little TMI and this is not to deter anyone from getting pregnant :) More just comic relief for the every days of pregnancy, and for all you mamas who know exactly what I'm going through and can laugh with me. Although the majority of it may sound some what awful, I really have never felt so blessed and overjoyed to go through this amazing process called motherhood.

I don't have an official "12 week" belly picture...but I figure this pretty much sums up the month.


(Porter took this picture laughing the whole time saying: "But hun, you'll wanna remember this!" as I'm screaming: "shut the door, you're disgusting!"....Look at me now, I can't believe I'm actually putting it on my blog)

1. I can officially keep a conversation going smoothly on the phone or in person with Porter while puking
2. Everyone tells you about the barfing part but fails to mention the loss of bladder control WHILE barfing part. It makes for a hilarious-horrible time.
3. Unused dog-poop bags come in handy for car pukes...till you run out.
4. I already feel as if I am not appreciating my 1st pregnancy. I know next time around I will laugh at how easy I had it the first time with no kids.
5. Pepperoni pizza and Cheeseburgers. My go-to snacks. (yes, I said snacks)
6. "No sir, I will NOT be picking up my dogs poop." Thanks for asking though.
7. No matter how many minutes a day I spend over that ONE toilet we have Porter somehow still refuses to clean it. And no matter how many times he beckons me into the candle-lit bedroom I'm still feeling nauseous...I guess it all evens out right?
8. Im pretty sure this baby is the size of a pinto bean...peeing 5 times a night...really baby...is that necessary?
9. Have nothing to wear; start crying. Can't find the car in the Target parking lot; start crying. Cute hubby brings me home a new shirt, awwwww, notice it's a size L; start bawling.
10. Beef. It's what's for dinner.
11. For 5 short minutes we see our gummy bear of a baby move for the first time...totally worth all 12 weeks.

7 comments:

Tia and Cam said...

haha, i giggled the whole time. # 9 is my favorite :) and # 11 is pretty cool too... but, i mean, i think i have seen you cry 3 times EVER, if that, so funny that it's just over those things now. That means I am in for it... during and after I'm sure. man, I get teary now.. uh-oh. that picture is a kepper for sure!

bronwyn said...

I love this. And I love you being pregnant! I once cried because I was desperate for a soft pretzel from the mall and when they gave it to me they had mistankenly not given me the one with salt on it. Rational, totally rational. You are going to be such a cute mom - congratulations!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

No one ever said pregnancy was glamorous :) You are hilarious and cute!!

Rach said...

o my FUNNINESS!! You've summed up pregnancy perfectly! I love it. I LOVE that Porter took a photo while you were barfing:)) It's amazing the dignity you lose during the whole child bearing years. As you said, it's all worth it in the end. LOVE you and can't wait to see the cute, little female gummy bear, when shes a a screaming 7lb bundle of poops and barfs! Again - TOTALLY worth it:))

Tay and Teigan said...

LOVE THIS. Love #7 and #8 especially :). So funny and so worth it, all wrapped up in one post.

eliza and christopher said...

Hahaha loving this post! That picture is awesome. This brings back some good memories! Oh the joys of motherhood.

Skye said...

Its true they are so worth it! congrats on baby girl that is so exciting!!!!!!!!!! I can totally relate to the endless questions of when are you going to have a baby. cody and i waited 4 1/2 years and i wouldn't have traded that time for anything! good luck hope you are feeling better:) keep the posts coming!

Colorado LOVE

Colorado LOVE
2004...hah.