6.13.2011

28 Weeks Pregnant; What Your Mama Doesn't Tell You



1. Tying my shoes has become quite the task. Anything of the sort really; picking up anything from off the ground, getting up from the couch, out of the car, off the toilet.
2. At my last appointment Doc happily said "Looking very good Michelle, looks like you gained 5 pounds last month. Excellent!"
It took all I had in me not to kick him in the crotch...then when he looks up at me sad and confused say, "You know why!" (watch the movie What happens in Vegas)
3. Don't judge me if I don't shave my bikini line all summer. I can't see it.
4. Just realized baby has been having hiccups for the past month. It's all cute and adorable until it's midnight and the darling hiccups don't stop for 45 minutes straight.
5. My mind has not quite caught up with my growing body parts. Therefore I see a space I think I can fit through no problem but my butt (belly, boobs, you name it) gets a rude awaking when I ram straight into the counter, or doorknob, or car door, etc. I have the bruises to prove it.
6. Here is our shower stall...

Small for a regular person. I think I'll be lucky to be able to close the door in 2 months.
7. Had my Glucose test last month. While waiting the full 60 minutes to get my blood drawn I'm pretty sure I puked 95% of my bright orange sugar drink up. Turns out I passed with flying colors. No one tell my Doctor why.
8. My little sister is getting married in a week in a half. I tried on my size 14 dress she bought for the knocked-up bridesmaid. Let's just say they do make maternity clothes for a reason, turns out 7th month pregnant women don;t seem to fit in even plus size dresses.:) Sorry I'm ruining your wedding Nikki xoxoxo
9. No, we do not have a name picked out. No, the babies room is not ready. And Yes...I still have 2 and a half months left. Yikes!
10. Having your Husband drive from garage sale to garage sale wife-less looking for an "eggs-er-saucer"...priceless.

6 comments:

The Damron Doc said...

Love it! You look so cute! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. You are so funny! Love you!

Cade + Tosha said...

oh my gosh! you are seriously the cutest! i love that first picture! love it!

Rach said...

Eggs or saucer:)) LOVE it!! Garage sale is the way to go. I also noticed you got your gigantic pureology - yay! Your belly is so cute and I'm laughing so hard at the brain not catching up with the growing body and trying to fit in places you now can't - I TOTALLY did that. Also soooo glad you passed your glucose test - I never did - I HATED that thing.

Tay and Teigan said...

YOU LOOK SO GREAT!

Jacob said...

you look amazing. and you sure did pop from last month when you were out here, you actually look prego now, it is sooo cute! i love it!! you are the cutest. love you! and i love the shower thing, you are hilarious. maybe porter will have to wash you off with the hose like he does indo.

Amy Lou said...

You are hilarious Michelle! Tellin it just like it is - love it :) You look adorable in that prego pic.. SOOO stoked for you and Porter!

Colorado LOVE

Colorado LOVE
2004...hah.