7.26.2008

The Whole 13.1 Miles

So, we are sure that you're all dying to know how our big half marathon race went...now looking back on it it was awesome and we are so happy we ran it. During the race, I don't know if we felt the same...especially me cause I got some pretty horrible stomach cramps at about mile 8.5.

The past 10 weeks we have been "training" for the big race which took place in Bryce canyon. Training was going well up until about 2 weeks before the race, that's when we lost our steam and went to California 2 weekends in a row. Anyways, all and all we did well, we both finished in just over 2 hours, the weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful.
Here we are lookin ready to run at about 5:45amAnd we're off, all 1300 of us. If you look closely you can see Porter in the middle of the pack waiving.Thanks to my cute father-in-law we got some pictures through out the race, he also drove us to the starting point, which meant waking up at 4 AM! and waited for us at the finish lineThis is about Mile 4 Mile 6ish
And of course Indo was our biggest fan, cheerin us along all the way!
...Who knows what mile...

Yeah, we made it!!! Alright TEAM FOULGER!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

You are amazing.

Rach said...

Don't you mean team Porter :) You guys ROCK!! Maybe you can be my personal trainer when you move her.

love your rock hard buns!

The Damron Doc said...

You are my hero! Way to go Team Foulger!

Quinn and Linds said...

Cograts you two! I have wanted to run that race for awhile now. I bet it was BEAUTIFUL!! Was it a hard race?

Tay and Teigan said...

Good job Foulgers! I am jealous, I have to say! When so you leave for Cali?

Stephanie said...

Wish we could have been there to cheer you guys on with dad. You guys are great!

millie said...

That is awesome. I totally admire your dedication. It's cool to accomplish something like that. And congrats on your rock hard buns... I know rach knows what she is talking about.

Colorado LOVE

Colorado LOVE
2004...hah.